September 24, 2013

God-damn Deaf!


I now ascertain you that your respective gods sitting in the temples, mosques and churches respectively, are not only tone deaf but stone deaf. Your prayers will now effectively fall on deaf ears.

What else were you expecting after piously blasting 'tere mere beech mein, kaisa hai yeh bandhan purana' and the like from ungodly hours to ungodly hours yet again. To begin with I don't see the connection between peaceful prayers and blessing-seeking rituals and the corny songs. Or maybe there is. And I've been missing it all along. But I shan't get into that.

Even children these days aren't spared the itum song numbers on their birthdays. You tell me that's what they want? I don't entirely buy that. Give them an environment where they can go absolutely beserk birthday or otherwise and they wind up like looking like wound up toys. And Cheshire cats.

So who actually wants all the cacophony? The neighbours? Trust me, everyone these days owns a phone with a radio at least. If not a television or other device from which sound is let out. So spare me, and stop the din.

A suggestion. You might seriously want to consider giving your god, whoever that might be a pair of hearing aids for the next celebration.

No comments: