May 03, 2013

Runs on fat, saves you the monies

What could it possibly be?

Give up? It's but the humble bicycle. The line isn't original, have come across it from various sources in the virtual world, in fact. Here's one I got off the net.


Cars are passé. They have been for a while. But given that we are a species with a slow learning curve, awfully slow, I should say, I guess one might think it's not that bad. At least, we are beginning to change our ways. So it doesn't really matter if you look at this from the lens of an optimist or a pessimist or a realist... the way we are getting around seems to be changing. About three years back, Bangalore got on wheels. A young bunch of entrepreneurs started ATCAG with cycling points in a few places in the city, and despite the crazy traffic, ever soaring temperatures and even worse no lanes for cyclists, it's picking up.

What was maybe inevitable, but still somewhat of a surprise is that NYC is going down the bicycle lane. Seriously, we are talking of the economy that fuels fuel uptake and wages wars to keep the dirty gas business running. Lanes have been set aside, docking stations have sprung up. Urbanites have hit the pedal! Ok, ok, that's a bit dramatic. And I shouldn't say much. Hopefully, someday when I overcome my fear, I may take up cycling too,  even if it's towards the end of the civilisation.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

1 comment:

Jodhpurtimes said...

Happy Biking! I hope that shared bike service we saw is still operational :-)