May 29, 2013

"Duck, I think I saw a Homo moronic sapien"

Limited understanding, or the lack of knowledge is the root of many theories, dark imaginings, fear and what have you, which often translate into rituals, mores, traditions. That has been the case across the globe, for centuries, and true of countless peoples.

But knowledge has the power to dispel these and bring in a far more scientific approach in our understanding, and change our outlook towards what was once not unknown and understood. For instance, as a woman living in India, one of the things rubbed into my face was the misfortune/ill luck blah blah blah a  menstruating woman was 'responsible' for because her eggs were not fertilised! I can go on about how idiotic it is, but I would rather not.

I actually was triggered to write about the 'Harbingers of Misfortune' when someone fairly old, and someone who attends the music class I take spoke about turtles being HoM, disaster, doom and what have you, and having 'broken' families. It makes me infuriated. Seriously. And to add fuel to the fire, he claims to be a 'wildlifer'. He expressly added that while turtles were 'daridra' fish were good to have. They were good energy. And that among birds, it was a good idea to have Hill Mynas from a certain part of India since they were excellent with mimicry, and unlike the parakeets didn't even have a nasal voice. How can any respectable person, moreover a claimed 'wildlifer' want to put anything within confined spaces, behind bars or otherwise. Or take life out of their natural habitat, and talk about being in love with them? How? How? How?

And worse, 'blame' certain species to be the HoMs?! And I was so tempted to blast his brains and ask him - "Really? Who is it unfortunate for?" Because as far as I am concerned, no one asked the turtle, or myna or parakeet if he or she would prefer human company instead. So is it unfortunate for the turtle or the myna to be in the company of moronic bipeds, I certainly would think so.

Another time a friend who spotted one myna, quickly urged me to look for another. She said, "because it's unlucky". And I asked her "whom for, the myna or you?" Of course, as expected of humans, it got her mad. But really. Why or how is that a black cat, and a lone myna and a turtle are the ones who Homo idiotics claim to bring ill luck, when in fact, we have gone along and destroying habitats of all imaginable lifeforms - sharks, turtles, dolphins, owls, tigers, orangs, rhinos, elephants, bugs, bees, flutter-bys, frogs, just everything!

For all the tall claims we make about "being evolved" and higher up in the chain, we are a bunch of ********! Complete! And I'd be happy instead to see a duck whisper to his fellow companion, "Duck, I think I saw a Homo moronic sapien."

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: