April 21, 2013

In your darn house!


Hello Mr. Crow, Raven if you will...
I saw you perched on my balcony sill.
I'm glad you find it a pleasant perch,
But just let me remind you,
It's not for your kill.

Bask if you may, in the afternoon sun,
Carry on with your rancorous cawing,
Swoop in and out, if that's what you call fun.
Preen those lovely feathers,
If it makes you feel good,
Crow about the weather,
If that's what you rather would.

But don't you bloody the bird bath,
With your freshly obtained lunch,
And leave innards dipped in sauce,
In my pretty flower pots!

You'd boast about that prize
in your circles, I am sure.
And in your world it may be a nice gesture,
but for me it's a bloody kill!

It's sick and putrid,
And ruddy and cold-blooded,
And that's not all!
So don't leave those trails,
Wherever you will.

Spare my balcony your special meal.
Please Mr. Crow, eat that mouse,
But make sure you do it, in your darn house!







Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: